Mentees gain invaluable insight beyond their own education and experience. Give yourself the edge with the support and guidance of a mentor. Whether you need advice or a sounding board, a mentor can inspire and guide you. Once you are assigned to a mentor, you are encouraged to begin the relationship with specific goals and expectations. Your benefits may extend far beyond what you planned, and may include:
- Learn practical steps to serving clients and building a career
- Obtain valuable networking and recruiting opportunities
- Increase self-awareness of personal and professional capabilities
- Refine professional and personal goals
- Improve technical and personal skills required for success from practitioners
- Exposure to diverse perspectives and experiences
If you can answer "YES" to the following statements, you are a great candidate for our Mentoring Program:
I'm responsible for my career goals and would enjoy the benefit of a mentor's guidance to create a plan for success.
I'm ready to listen, but I'm also ready to share my ideas so it's a give and take relationship.
I'm ready for objective feedback to consider new ideas and new approaches suggested by my mentor.
I have realistic expectations for my mentor relationship. No one is perfect and good relationships take honesty, effort and time.
Members of the CCIM Oregon/SW Washington Chapter
Attend meetings and meet commitments with Mentors
Budget time each month to meet and regularly communicate with Mentors
Create a plan with Mentors that fulfill your professional and career goals, skillset development, and career guidance
Exposure to the industry: site visits, deal developments, decision processes, etc.
Adhere to CCIM Guidelines for conduct and confidentiality